After a successful crowdsale the time has now come to withdraw your BRIKCOIN into your personal wallet. This guide will take you through the steps required to create an Ethereum wallet and withdrawing BRIKCOIN from your dashboard account into your personal wallet.
A basic primer into Ethereum transactions and wallets.
Ethereum transactions are recorded and created on a public blockchain. There are many tokens like BRIKCOIN called ERC-20 token that use the Ethereum protocol and are transferable using the blockchain network.
Think of the Ethereum blockchain as a ledger that stores and enables all the transaction data and wallet data. So, you can use a blockchain explorer like www.etherscan.io to look at all the transactions done with BRIKCOIN. The public records of BRIKCOIN transactions can be found here.
Here, you will be able to see the total supply of BRIKCOIN that remains fixed (1 BILLION) and how many wallets hold BRIKCOIN and all the transactions of the token. Once we open up withdrawals you will be able to see how BRIKCOIN is moving out from the company into the wallets of our investors.
Each wallet is identified by the PUBLIC KEY aka WALLET ADDRESS.
Once you create a wallet, you will also have a public key which is the key you should share with others when you want them to send you Ethereum or BRIKCOIN. Your wallet will be able to hold all ERC-20 tokens like BRIKCOIN as well as Ethereum. Think of this as your bank account number that you give to others to send you money or BRIKCOIN in this case. Unlike your bank account, your public key allows you to remain anonymous- there is no name, email or any other information linked to it, senders will simply be sending you digital tokens using only this address. You can have as many wallets and associated public keys as you like.
The other component of your wallet is your PRIVATE KEY. Think of this as the password to get into your account or wallet. Knowing the private key will allow you to access your wallet and your BRIKCOIN from anywhere and make transactions. It is very important that you keep this secure and secret for the security of your funds. If you lose your private key, you will never be able to access your funds again. Unlike bank accounts that are controlled by banks there is no controlling party in a blockchain wallet, so no one can help you recover your funds. If you do not want to invest in a hardware wallet, it may be best to write this down on a piece of paper and lock it away. Your private key will also allow you to access your tokens through any wallet application.
While there are many wallet applications available, this guide will explain how to set up Metamask.
METAMASK IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR COMPUTER. DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE.
- Go to https://metamask.io/ using your browser. Metamask works with most major browsers but we will be using Google Chrome for this demonstration.
- Install the metamask browser extension. The video found on the metamask webpage will guide you through the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIGUC9JAAw8. You should have set up your wallet by the information provided up to the 2 minute mark in this video.
Adding BRIKCOIN transactions to Metamask
- For every token you wish to hold and transact with Metamask, you will need to add it to Metamask first. Metamask supports all ERC-20 tokens like BRIKCOIN.
- First, click the Metamask icon on the address bar of your browser. It is the one that looks like a little orange fox.
- Then click the hamburger menu icon on the top left.
- Click “Add Token” on the bottom and then select “Custom token” on the top bar.
- Enter the details of the BRIKCOIN smart contract.
Token Contract Address- 0xD10c82d129d7f7ec317648914590162bE3287D3B
Token Symbol- BRIK
Decimals of Precision- 18
If you enter the Token contract address, the other fields should fill up automatically.
6. Click Next and then Add Token.Now you should be able to see your BRIKCOIN balance when you click the menu icon and transact with BRIKCOIN.
Transferring BRIKCOIN from your dashboard account to your wallet.
- There will be a form here that you can fill out with instructions.
Finding your private key on metamask (OPTIONAL)
Knowing your private key will allow you to transact from any wallet application- metamask, myetherwallet, mist. It is also important if a particular wallet application is down, you want to change wallets or move everything to a new computer. It is the password to access your account so keep it safe and do not share it with anyone.
- Open the menu using the hamburger icon on the top left.
- Click the “details” button.
- Click “Export Private Key”
- Enter your password, click confirm.
- Your private key will now be displayed. Click done when you have finished copying it.